Marmot’s Aegis jacket combines the company’s most advanced waterproof, breathable fabric technology with a number of convenient design touches. MemBrain Strata fabric sheds water and breathes easily to keep you dry from rain and perspiration alike. Additional features includes hand warmer pockets with water resistant zippers, a DriClime-lined collar and cuffs, PitZips to help you regulate temperature when your heart rate picks up, and an adjustable hood that rolls into the collar.
– Marmot MemBrain Strata waterproof/breathable fabric
– 100% seam-taped for full waterproofing
– Attached, adjustable hood that rolls Into collar when not in use
– PitZips underarm zip extends into the body for optimal venting
– Hand warmer pockets with water-resistant zipper
– Sleeve pocket with water-resistant zipper
– DriClime-lined cuffs with adjustable Velcro tabs
– Moisture-wicking DriClime-lined collar and chin guard for comfort around neck and face
– Elastic draw cord hem for adjustability in serious weather
– Angel-Wing Movement allows full range of motion in arms without jacket riding up
Marmot’s proprietary waterproof/breathable fabric is built around a lamination technology that rates at an unheard of 20,000mm in waterproof performance and 20,000gr in breathability. The lightweight, packable fabric uses neither lining or three-layer construction similar to many other lamination processes. Rather, MemBrain Strata products have a 2.5-layer construction using non-organic particles on the inside of the lamination to increase durability and provide a dry touch, avoiding the dreaded “clammy jacket interior.” The back print pattern is designed to optimize durability and breathability, improving abrasion test scores by up to five times.
material: 2.5 layer Membrain Strata 100% Nylon Ripstop 3.0 oz/yd