With the diving watch U1, Sinn engineers succeeded in developing a diving watch in which the quality of material and design gives it superior resistance to external influences under extreme conditions of use. In their search for a steel with the desired resistance, the Sinn engineers found what they were looking for at the German submarine yards Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft GmbH and Nordseewerke GmbH: the steel manufacturers for these shipyards supply small quantities of the original steel of the current German submarine production exclusively to Sinn for making diving watches — the very steel of which the external hulls of the German Navy’s new submarine class 212, which currently represents the most advanced non-nuclear submarines in the world, are made.
This original submarine steel is not only extraordinarily seawater-resistant but is also of the highest non-magnetic quality without any residual magnetism.
To ensure reliably that the rotating bezel of the diving watch does not detach under harsh impacts, it is attached as a captive bezel to the central part of the case. The ratcheting is mounted on a sophisticated bearing system. Slightly radially offset locking pin positions protect the toothed ring, ensure reliable function over the long term and facilitate firm and secure ratcheting with a rich clicking sound.
The water-resistance and pressure resistance of 100 bar (= 1000 m water depth) was certified for the diving watch U1 by Germanischer Lloyd, Hamburg. The safety test pressure used for this purpose was 125 bar.
– Completely made of high-strength seawater-resistant German submarine steel
– Bezel with TEGIMENT Technology and therefore especially scratch-resistant
– Tested and based on European diving equipment standards and certified by Germanischer Lloyd, Hamburg
– Captive diver’s bezel with minute ratcheting
– Crown at 4 o’clock to prevent pressure on the back of the hand
– Sapphire crystal glass
– Pressure-resistant to 1,000 m diving depth (100 bar), certified by Germanischer Lloyd Hamburg
– Low pressure resistant