For parents with young children, safety around the home is paramount. And when it comes to sharp kitchen knives many people feel happier hiding these items away in a drawer. But then the drawer needs to be secured, the blades can be easily damaged and the knives can be dangerous to take out when needed. LockBlock, however, provides the perfect solution. The innovative design locks knives safely inside the block and requires an adult-sized hand to operate it, meaning that most children aged 5 and under will be unable to remove any knife.
As each knife is placed inside a knife slot, its blade is held securely by the unique Cam-lock mechanism. Pulling on a knife only increases the force of the grip so knives cannot be simply forced out of the block.To remove a knife from LockBlock the release button, situated on either side for left and right-handed operation, needs to be firmly pressed. But due to its position and the force required to press it, only someone with an adult-sized hand can do this. The mechanism inside won’t damage expensive knife blades, as it has a smooth rubber surface.
LockBlock is available as a stand-alone product with universal knife slots, for your existing knives, or together with its own set of 6 high quality knives.
LockBlock™ will be available in stores from March 2015 as part of Joseph Joseph’s Spring 2015 Collection, the company’s largest product launch to date.
· Protect and secure sharp kitchen knives from young children
· Innovative design requires minimum hand size to release knives
· Patent pending Cam-lock mechanism grips knives safely and securely
· Suitable for a variety of blade styles and knife sizes (maximum blade size – length: 8″; width: 47 mm)
· Also available to buy with complete knife set
· dimensions: 25.50 x 13.50 x 16.00 cm
introduced: 2015 maison + objet
price: $150 usd