“A chair with back legs like wooden stakes that pierce the sides of the backrest. The stakes give the backrest a nipped-in curve which provides firm lower back support and comfortable seating despite its compact size. A sweetly-sized lounge chair inspired by ‘supermini’ cars like the Fiat 500 and smart cars that easily navigate Milan’s streets.” – Oki Sato
Nendo’s Peg chair is a fabulous, small footprint lounge chair that features a strikingly visual back support where the designer has presented the back legs extending into and through the seat structure – literally as if the legs sprouted upward through the chair. As with all of Nendo’s furniture designers, the Peg chair, too, is underscored by the designer’s mantra of creating “small moments” that are just sheer visual delights for the user.
The Peg chair is priced here with a choice of stained finishes – white, walnut, or wenge – with seat and back upholstery in a selection of Kvadrat’s luxe Hallingdal textile – a classic matte finish woven wool designed by Nanna Ditzel in the mid 1960s that is composed of 70% wool and 30% rayon. Hallingdal is available in a number of colorways – we have noted eight popular choices here. Similarly, upholstery for the Peg chair is also available in other textile and leather options.
· Dimensions: 22″ 1/3x 24″ 1/2x 18″ 1/2 – 29 1/4h.
· Frame composed of solid ash wood available in three finishes – white-stained, walnut-stained, and wenge-stained
· Seat internal structure in beech plywood and poplar
· Seat padding composed of resin/polyurethane injected foam
· Black polypropylene glides/feet
· Upholstery available in a range of textiles including leather
· Option to create combinations of different textiles/leather for the seat and back
introduction: 2014 milan design week